Monday, April 1, 2013

Patio Perfection: Outdoor Decorating Tips to Try This Spring

I've recently discovered Polyvore (this new social media platform that's specifically geared towards fashion and interior designers). You can take a peek at all of my designs here.

Here's one of my more recent design sets:

Get Outside | Janette Mallory Interior Design
Afraid wicker will make your patio look old fashioned? Paint it black!



When shopping for outdoor furniture it's important to choose pieces that are both weather-resistant and durable. Wicker is a good option (just make sure the wicker is "all weather", because if not, it will fade in the sunlight) and is particularly popular at beach houses or homes with British Colonial decor. Wicker is great because it can be painted any color (though white is most popular) and pairs well with colorful blankets or throw pillows.

I love daybeds (if your outdoor space is big enough). Here's an example of a wicker daybed that doesn't look old-fashioned.

Kannoa Hallo Daybed
Forget lounge chairs, what about a lounge bed?




What does your patio look like? Have you tried decorating with wicker furniture before? 


Janette Mallory

6 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to paint wicker black, never thought of it. This classic chair looks great in black too, what do you think? see here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on your style, your patio can be decorated to function as a place for cookouts and fancy soirees or a tranquil space to relax. Whatever your preference may be, we've compiled a list of decorating ideas that will inspire you to live al fresco throughout the year. If you also want to add some landscaping design in your outdoor living space, you can get ideas here http://www.coloradogreenlandscaping.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I recently added an outdoor fountain and it really completed my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking up interlocking pavers and patio ideas for the summer. Recently I came across your blog and thought it was a great post! I am trying to make my patio as comfortable as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outdoor furniture! I want to redo my patio this year and get new patio furniture. I have stuff from the 1980's, time for a change. I would love to get some more ideas. http://www.apollopatiosnewcastle.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to make the outside of my home as ready for the spring season as the inside. Love your great and useful blog.
    Outdoor Furniture

    ReplyDelete