Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel Series, Part II "MY HOUSE"

I bought my house four years ago and just got around to remodeling my kitchen last year!! It all started with an extremely generous client who gifted the french door viking refrigerator to me. How luck am I??!!  As you can see from the photos it was sticking out way beyond the cabinets and I just could not live with that so I decided that it was time to update the cabinets, counter tops, back splash, fixtures and appliances.






I installed the wood floors when I moved in so that was one less thing I had to deal with, since my kitchen is so small and I actually cook a lot and happen to enjoy it,  I had to make sure that I maximized every square inch of space.  The upper cabinets were not that deep so I was able to gain more space by making them deeper and the lower cabinets did not have any pull outs so adding pull outs also gave me more usable space as well. 



I can't believe I lived with those granite counter tops for four years!!!  My favorite material to use for counter tops is 2" carrera.  I have used it in many of my clients kitchens and they all love it.  If you keep it sealed you don't have to worry about staining.  My boyfriend is a complete disaster in the kitchen, he's a good cook but he's messy and spills red wine all the time and I haven't had any problems with staining.  I added a hammered farm house sink with copper fixtures and I love the combo of the stainless appliances with the copper fixtures.





You can see how much nicer it is to have the french door refrigerator built in and adding the depth to the cabinet on the left gave me so much more cabinet space I was now able to store all my big platters and serving pieces in the bottom of the cabinet where I was not able to before.



This is my son's bathroom who is now 6' 4"!  I remodeled his bathroom before we moved in four years ago, at the time who knew he would be 6' 4" when he was a Jr in High School so I had to add the 10" "S" riser pipe to his shower head last summer.  The rain shower and thermal volume control are from Rohl in polished chrome.
All the material I used is honed Topo Azul from Ann Sacks, I used 16" x 16" on the floor, 1" x 1" mosaic in the shower and 3" x 6" field on the walls with a 2" x 8" rail molding. An of course the towels are from Waterworks who in my opinion have the best bath towels.



                                                       


The vanity cabinet is Sonia with a Wenge finish and the faucet is Axor, the mirror is Restoration Hardware. Its clean and simple, perfect for my son. 




Here's my powder room that I basically designed the entire room around the Dragon Vessel sink that I feel in love with four years ago. After I found the sink I was shopping for another client at Peking 62 (which is no longer around) and I found the Mongolia cabinet and it was a match made in heaven!




I tiled the entire wall, floor to ceiling behind the sink vanity,  in Ann Sacks Savoy Brick Offset 1" x 2" Mosaic Bronze, the wall mount faucet is Kallista.  Four years later I still love the sink!




As always I love to hear your feedback and comments. I'm working on Part III of the series so stay tuned. xoxo


Janette Mallory

31 comments:

  1. Looks great - especially the kitchen. Who would have thought that making the cabinets deeper would actually make your kitchen look bigger!!! What did you do with the demo'd granite? My rental needs an upgrade.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your powder room is amazing. I have never seen anything more beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seems to be a great site which offers Law Firm Office Design, Law Firm Interior Design, Interior Design Dallas, Interior Design Austin, Law Office Interior Design, HUB Interior Design, GSA Interior Design And GSA Interior Design Texas...i had been relying on Lauckgroup.com earlier and they offered good stuff. You will be glad you decided to work with them.

      Delete
  3. I have to tell you that your kitchen is so lovely. I love the rug, too....but that cut little dog is what made me comment. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great remodels and great additions to your home. The sink is so colorful and wonderful. My friend does residential plumbing and he is jealous that his website doesn't have some of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say, it was all thanks to your refrigerator. It gave way for the total revamp of your home! The overall design looks amazing, but the part that I love best is your powder room. The vintage look suits the walls, and the sink looks cool too! You must be very happy with the results. Good job!

    (Colby Moore)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The transformation is subtle but modern and sophisticated without being too elaborate.

    electrical repair services austin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about bathroom remodeler in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about bathroom remodeler. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well.
    Not only do our homeowners benefit from this sophisticated technology, we also provide all our customers with the complete cost of the project upfront. When homeowners are given the full cost at the beginning of the project, this gives them more flexibility in choosing materials and other design elements to see how their choices affect the overall project. Bathroom Remodeler Andover MA

    ReplyDelete
  8. The remodeling is innovative,that's give pleasant look to your bathroom..Great thing..



    Bathroom remodel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blogs and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specially the remaining part I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.
    Ceramic sinks

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a wonderful blogsite same as the blog of bath remodeling Miami fl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To start off, I like the idea of the farm house sink. It gives you more space for washing your dishes. Replacing the cabinets is a wise idea as well. Adding depth to the cabinets presented you additional space for your kitchen utensils. With the subtle choice of color, your kitchen now looks fresher.

    Herb Koguchi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking brilliant, I'll choose the best among them and design
    Glass Doors for bathroom renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your remodel! The kitchen does look more spacious and brighter with the blue marble counter. I really love the sink in the last picture! It’s really unique and adds a great design in the bathroom.

    Concepcion Gusman

    ReplyDelete
  14. Similar to an updated kitchen, bathroom remodeling can considerably enhance the comfort and sophistication of a home. A remodeled bathroom is also an excellent investment that, if properly designed and constructed, can significantly increase a home’s resale value.
    Can you recommend any bathroom remodeler in beverly?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed this page. It was very informative. bathroom remodeler in Essex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously amazing. Enjoyed a lot while going through the post. Great designs.
    i4kitchenbathoutlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m trampled by your contents carry on the wonderful work.
    Osaam

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these designs. I would like to install a larger sink in my bathroom and kitchen areas. The current ones are much to small to be considered efficient.
    Cynthia | http://www.all-probuilders.com/services/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you
    Bathroom Remodeling Miami

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow..it's fantastic blog. i like this post. it's contains really nice information that enhance my knowledge...Contact Us

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information. Baseboard Davie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty remarkable post. I simply came across your blog and desired to say that I have really enjoyed searching your blog posts.Granite countertops

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing such unique information which are in actual fact as well as helpful for us.Affordable Kitchen Cabinets Davie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi this is the first visit of mine in your website and in final wordings this is an awesome visit.
    bathroom reno

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Tiger Woods fist pump as a design element probably has never occurred to certified interior designers, but that was before this: The larger-than-life Tiger Woods Fathead wall decal. To know more , visit Interior designers in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi,
    You can purchase high quality material like kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, counter tops, baseboards trim etc. More Discount Kitchen Cabinets Davie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your all designs,,its really fantastic,,the images which you included are really amazing,,
    Affordable Kitchen Cabinets Davie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for high grading the content and recommending it too and do visit again for more..Wood Floor Miami

    ReplyDelete
  29. ..Hey great work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information. Kitchen Cabinets Door Davie

    ReplyDelete