Thursday, September 9, 2010

“Stand up to Cancer”

My clients  Ken Jeong and Tran Ho were featured in People Magazine’s current issue along with their twin daughters Zooey and Alexa telling their story about Tran’s battle with breast cancer.  Breast cancer is not just a woman’s issue—it affects all of us; the brothers, husbands, fathers, children and friends.  My father died of colon cancer 10 years ago so I was personally affected.  Ken and Tran are taking part in “Stand up to Cancer”, a fund raising special airing live September 10th on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and several cable channels.  Please tune in to watch, it’s for a good cause!!!  The more we participate the closer we come to finding a cure.

jeong 1_0001

jeong 1_0004  jeong 1_0005

signature

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting such an important subject.. All the women in my family have suffered one sort or another form of cancer, my 21 yr old daughter cervical,as well... I lost my best friend to pancreatic cancer... it's an ugly disease!
    Good post!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janette, so imporatnt and something that has touched all of our lives in some way.

    I have a New Giveaway from The French Basketeer I think you will love!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tune in. Janette is Ken the actor who was in Hangover? We adore him. He's hilarious. We definitely will tune in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janette.. thank you for your comment, my daughter has been doing wonderful.. caught early, she went through the treatments.. she lost the ability to carry a child but is ok with the idea "she has her life" Odd thing this cancer.. My mom and 3 sisters each had a different form of it, then it skipped a generation, mine and my sister, and went to our daughters... One day they will find a way to eliminate cancer....
    Again... great post!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete