Thursday, September 2, 2010

Princess Olivia

One of my client's has the cutest little girl who asked me to help her decorate her bedroom in their new house.  I always jump at the chance to do little girly stuff whenever I get the opportunity.  This was very exciting to me because there are only boys besides me in my house.  Naturally, I started showing her pink flowery fluffy stuff.  Well, this was not going to fly with her!  Olivia informed me that pink flowery fluffy stuff was too immature and babyish and that she would pick the colors.  So I handed over my paint deck to her and she choose the most beautiful robins egg blue paint color and for the fabrics she wanted to mix in lime green and a hint of yellow.  I love when my clients know what they want!!!!!  She is all of 9 years old, but going on 29, according to her mother.  So that's what we did and here it is!!!
IMG_3392 
Celebrity Home Janette Mallory 140
I started with the accent fabrics that I found at Osborne & Little.  I love their fabrics and they just happened to have the perfect fabrics that matched our color pallet.  I searched high and low for the silk striped fabric for the bed canopy and ended up finding it at Calico Corners, after I searched every showroom at the Pacific Design Center.  You never know!
The bedding ensemble came from Bloomingdale's and Olga, who fabricates all my window treatments, made the bed skirt out of the same fabric as the lining for the canopy.
The butterfly bed accessories were selected by Olivia herself.
Celebrity Home Janette Mallory 099
Look at her bathroom… it’s fabulous and I love the wallpaper!!!
Celebrity Home Janette Mallory 188



She's a doll and to top it off, Princess Olivia has the most amazing voice and plays the lead in all the musicals at her school.  Her dad is an extremely talented musician so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  If I'm lucky, I sometimes catch her at home and she's usually playing the piano.
Enjoy!!
signature

3 comments:

  1. that wallpaper is gorgeous! Love the whole finished product---the room looks amazing---great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that green. And I adore the canopy bed.

    That bathroom paper is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've found your new assistant. What a precious room. Love the canopy. You did a wonderful job on this project. xx's

    ReplyDelete