Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Guilty Pleasures in Paris!

As promised here are some more pictures from my trip to Paris this summer.  There are so many reasons to visit Paris, I think that one of the main reasons is the food!!!  I love to eat as well as cook so I was in heaven…..

The first day I went to The Bon Marche La Grande Epicerie, American’s call it a “food hall” which was absolutely amazing.  This is not your ordinary market.  The choices are endless in every food category and the way they display the produce, cheese, fish, bread, pasta, etc. makes you want to buy everything and run home and have a dinner party.  I would move to Paris just to be able to shop at The Bon Marche for my groceries.

Look at the produce makes you want to become a vegetarian!

IMG_0072

IMG_0070

Have you ever seen multi color pasta?

IMG_0081 

I love bread especially french bread. How do you decide which one to choose?

I would take all of them!

IMG_0075 

When in  Paris you must stop and get a macaroon from Laduree’.   I think they have about five locations around Paris and they are too die for!  I stopped by the one near my hotel and had one (or two) everyday.  They offer about ten or so different flavors and my favorite is the caramel with salted butter.  Yum Yum.

IMG_0150               IMG_0236      IMG_0107 Look at their pastry selection!


IMG_0235

As you can tell I love to eat!!!  But my passion is interior design and I am currently photographing one of my projects so look for  so of my new work in my next blog… Xoxo Janette

signature

5 comments:

  1. The pasta is almost to pretty to eat but I am sure I could eat it! olive♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... all the gorgeous colors! I love your photos! And yum! Looks like an amazing trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how can anyone get anything done? I'd be there everyday, all day.
    You took great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the blue and white display for Laduree. Hope I can remember some of these places to go to when Im in France next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janette! I just met you at Petit Soleil - you were en route to Paso for 3 Speckled Hens and the Farm stand..hope you had a blast!
    I have been so enjoying your blog! We LOVE Au Bon MArche! We were there in January - in fact, I love Au Bon MArche so much that we named a room at Petit after it!
    I bought so much sea salt and fun spices, chocolate and other goodies - love Au Bon MArche!!!
    Can't wait to read all about the Speckled Hens and see more of your beautiful photographs of the sites and your design!
    Best,
    Dianne
    tttwithtoulouse.blogspot.com
    also Petit Soleil

    ReplyDelete