Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Majolica Madness!

I am a complete nut over Majolica, you either love it or hate it.  I happen to love it and have been collecting it for many years.  My favorites are Griffen, Smith & Hill, but believe me when I out antiquing if I find a piece in nearly perfect condition at a reasonable price I grab it!!!  I am drawn to the  pinks, greens,  yellows mixed with browns.  I’ve collected so many pieces over the years that I had to finally rent a case at The Summerland Antique Collective in Montecito, California.  So if you are ever in the area check it out.

I was in Majolica heaven in Paris and I just came back from an antique show in Atlanta and they also had a ton.  Majolica is big in the South.

IMG_0187

IMG_0190 

Check out these pieces I found in Paris…

The large plate with the crabs is a collectors piece and they were asking 6,000 Euros for it.  Way out of my price range!

IMG_0192 IMG_0188

I love this fabulous lobster platter…

O at Home Fall 2004 

IMG_0327

IMG_0328

 

 

 

Here’s a glimpse of my personal collection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  This is my case at the Summerland Antique Collective.  Come visit!

IMG_6194

IMG_6195

 

Love these colors!

Decorating Sept-Oct 2004

Let me know your feedback/experience, are there any fellow collectors?  I just may select a piece from my personal collection for my next giveaway!!   Can’t wait to hear from you!

signature

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard the term Majolicas before, but definitely love the look. Thanks for teaching me what to call them!!! You have a beautiful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some very pretty majolica. I love the colors in that last pic, too. I have two reproductions. No originals, but would love to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Janette
    que lindo!!!
    me encanta tu colección!
    la mayolica muy linda
    te dejo una abrazo grande
    cariños
    Lore

    ReplyDelete